At Kozakura Shokai Co., Ltd., environmental conservation and continuous improvement are organization-wide activities.
- 01.We will observe environmental and waste regulations as well as agreements with public bodies and organizations.
- 02.We will establish environmental goals and targets and review these periodically and as-necessary.
- 03.We will continuously improve our environmental management system and strive to prevent pollution as much as technically and economically possible.
- (1) Proactively sell environmentally-friendly products.
- (2) Promote the reduction and effective use of paper and electricity resources.
CEO MASASHI AOYAMA
Kozakura Shokai fully understands and endorses the principles and standards of the RSPO, promotes the sale of raw materials derived from sustainable palm oil, and strives to enhance customer awareness.
What is the RSPO?
Standing for the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil, the RSPO is a global nonprofit organization which promotes the production of environmentally-conscious palm oil.
The RSPO was established in 2004 centering on interested organizations in order to respond to the increasing global concern over the environment in relation to the rapid expansion of oil palm plantations.
The RSPO offers a Principles and Criteria (P&C) certification and a Supply Chain Certification Standard (SCCS) and, reflecting the complex supply chains for palm oil, has three certification models and one securitization model.
01. Identity Preserved(IP)A certification model which makes it possible to identify the plantation from which the certified palm oil was obtained. From a certified plantation to the final production stage, the certified palm oil is kept separate from any other palm oils.
02. Segregation(SG)A certification model in which the palm oil is comprised of certified palm oils obtained from multiple certified plantations. The certified palm oil is not mixed with other, non-certified palm oils and only certified oil is delivered to a certified final manufacturer. The producing plantations cannot be identified but the resulting palm oil is guaranteed to be certified.
03. Mass Balance(MB)A certification model in which the certified palm oil is mixed with other, non-certified palm oils in the supply chain. The resulting palm oil is mixed but the certified producing farms as well as the amount of certified palm oil are guaranteed at the time of purchase.
04. Book & Claim(B&C)Unlike the other three methods, in this model certified palm oil Credits are traded online between producers, end product manufacturers, and sellers under the GreenPalm program.